Aran Merino Wool Bobble Hat Made in Ireland
This Aran Wool Bobble Hat is designed and manufactured by Saol, one of the leading producers of high-quality traditional and contemporary Irish knitwear in the world. Made from 100% Merino wool that has been pre-treated to ensure its softness, this hat will keep you warm and stylish all winter long. The ribbed edge of the cap ensure it’s snug fit while the bobble at the top make for a fun and festive design.
The Aran knit patterns on the hat are a plaited mix of diamond weave, cable knit and lacework for which Ireland is famous. These patterns have appeared on working fishermen’s sweaters for over 100 years and are thought to represent the ropes and nets of the fishermen, as well as the baskets used to haul in the catch and bring it to market. Together, they are thought to bring good luck and fortune to the wearer. Wear yours this St. Patrick’s Day with pride!
Available in three classic colors — Natural, Navy, and Kelly Green — this hat can be paired with the Ladies Wool Scarf for a total ensemble of festive Irish accessories.
- Made by Irish knitwear manufacturer Saol, whose name means “life” in the Irish language.
- This lovely hat features snug ribbed knitting at the base to keep it close to the head and a festive pom pom at the top for a bit of added fun
- The knit patterns on this hat are classic Irish patterns developed from centuries-old fishermen’s sweaters designed to keep working fishermen warm on the Atlantic ocean
- Knit from 100% Merino wool that has been pre-treated to ensure its softness and provide the maximum level of heat retention
- Available in three traditional colors: Classic Natural, Navy, and Kelly Green